Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dinknesh

An artist's visualization of Lucy (Australopithecus afarensis) at the Museum of Man

A few month back, I was able to see the actual fossils of Lucy on display at the Bowers Museum, the highlight of their "Lucy's Legacy: The Hidden Treasures of Ethiopia". Unfortunately, the show did not allow photography. Although I really would have enjoyed sharing the experience with you all, I would have felt better doing so with some cool photos to help me out.

Well, this photo comes from my recent trip down to San Diego. The model is part of the Museum of Man's exhibit of human evolution, a fun interactive display.

Nevertheless, I can't help but ask, if Lucy is the "Mother of All Humankind", then does that make all of us fair game for a "Yo Mama So Ugly" joke? ;-)

"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" by the Beatles


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment