Friday, April 22, 2011

Dark Angel

Bettie Page

Bettie Page was born on April 22, 1923. In the 1950s, her iconic photos earned her the title of "Queen of Pinups." Many gorgeous women have since graced the centerfolds and pages of erotic magazines, but Bettie is still the Queen for me.

She wasn't the prettiest lady of her era. However, the combination of beauty and personality made for an enthralling and compelling effect. There is a sexy playfulness to her pose. Her facial expressions are inviting and vivacious. Most of all, she's bold, but without being brash. It all seems to come naturally to her. This spirit is expressed by the quote:

"I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer. I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time. I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don`t believe that I did anything important. I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
That's why Bettie was special. In erotic depictions, there were countless women who preceded her and there have been and will be countless women following, but Bettie Page remains as an unforgettable icon of female sexuality.

Here's a cute vid of her dancing. (Don't worry. There's no nudity.)




Here's a link to Bettie Page's Wikipedia page.

Here's a link to the Official Site of Bettie Page.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment