Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Heat in Freezing

Lonely Places

Loneliness, isolation, and alienation are states of being that capture my fascination. They are always on my mind. They are an essential part of my daily life. Even when among friends or at a party, I'm capable of feeling alone. It's weird. I can be fully engaged in social activity, but be experiencing a sense of disengagement.

Peculiar.

That doesn't mean that I'm unhappy. No, I can derive joy from companionship at the SAME time as feeling as if I watching as though I'm watching my life from the far end of a tunnel. I can experience the warmth of friendship while being in an icy isolation. Deep down, I am detached from the passions of the world around me. I can perceive it and feel it, but the chaos of human passion doesn't move me.

It is very strange.

Nevertheless, here's a fun vid extolling the virtues of loneliness.



Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment