Monday, April 30, 2012

In That Carnival

Carousel horses at the 30th annual Springfest in Redondo Beach

Life in Los Angeles is filled with endless travel, whisking across the city on freeways, elevated above the vibrant streets and neighborhoods, passing it all by going to and from the routine destinations. Perhaps, an interesting sight will catch the eye as your car passes it by, just a fleeting glimpse of novelty.

For years, I have seen this little carnival, Springfest, in Redondo Beach, as I've made my way to the 405 Freeway. Each time, I think to myself, "Why not stop to look around?" but, each time, I am too busy, rushing off to an appointment. This weekend, I decided to stop, if only to snap a few photos. ;-)

"Go Gator" roller coaster

I didn't get on any rides, play any games, or even talk with anybody. I was too busy, rushing off to an appointment. Maybe next year. . .

Anyways, here are some photos.

Bumble Bee aerial roundabout

Gravitron and Ferris Wheel

Orbiter and Tilt-a-Whirl

Springfest at night, viewed passing by on Aviation Blvd.

30th annual Springfest in Redondo Beach

And here are some vids:

"Carnival" by Natalie Merchant

"Carnival" by the Cardigans

"La Vida Es Un Carnaval" by Celia Cruz


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment