Friday, November 4, 2011

Seven Views of Balloon Dog (Blue)

Balloon Dog (Blue) (1994-200) by Jeff Koons

In my previous post, I discussed how I selected photographs of roses so as to drive viewers to read the poem that I had selected for Friday Flowers. Among my flower posts, the Rose get the most page views. However, in the back of my mind, I thought about Balloon Dog.

People are always doing searches for Jeff Koons' Balloon Dog. In my stats, it seems to pop up a few times a week. The funny thing is that I haven't actually made a post about it, only various works of art around it. But even with just cameo appearances, it puts up numbers that none of my flower posts can match, not even roses.

So, for all you Balloon Dog image pilgrims, here are some views of Balloon Dog (Blue) on view at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, in the Jane and Marc Nathanson Gallery on the third floor of the Broad Contemporary Building. If you're looking for Balloon Dog (Yellow), sorry but I don't live in New York City. ;-)

Balloon Dog (Blue) by Jeff Koons

It's a cool sculpture for certain.

It seems like everybody who enters the gallery is compelled to take a photo. I get especially amused when kids react to it. :-)

Balloon Dog (Blue) by Jeff Koons, facing the entry

Balloon Dog (Blue) by Jeff Koons, frontal view

Balloon Dog (Blue) by Jeff Koons, view from the entry

Balloon Dog (Blue) by Jeff Koons, reflecting LJ

Balloon Dog (Blue) by Jeff Koons

That's ought to satisfy your needs for Balloon Dog for a bit. If not, then check out its yellow twin on the roof of the Met.




Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment