Tuesday, June 5, 2012

2012 Weekly Wrap #12

Image of Arnold Schwarzenegger from Conan the Barbarian (1982)

First off, I'm sorry for the recent lack of posts. Life has been full of twists and turns recently, some very excellent and some not so much. I blog mainly for the fun of writing about oddball topics and to bring back to mind the various subjects that have brought me entertainment or insight over the decades of my life. But, recently, my mind has been occupied with other matters, more pressing and immediate, such that I just have not had either the time or the energy to blog.

It's a bummer, but that's life. There have been many topics that I would have like to discuss and celebrate. Well, there's always next year. ;-)

I know this is starting to sound like a broken record, but I really think that I'm on the rebound. Some recent elements in my life have taken a dramatic turn for the better. So, I'm thinking that with a more positive attitude, I'll find the time and energy to have some fun here at Paideia.

As always, I'm grateful to my readers.

Now, let's look at the last "week" of posts.

Detail of a promotion image for Curious George (2006)

Recent posts have been so haphazard that I can't really do my normal art/music/cinema/etc. divisions. So, I'll just list them in chronological order.

We celebrated the 30th anniversary since the release of Conan the Barbarian, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Then I shared a photo of some power lines paired with music from '80s synthpop band, Information Society. Next, inspired by the birth date of Margret Rey, we considered Curious George.

Friday Flowers were Jacaranda. Then, I moped about the pitiful state of my blogging, and shared some music from Concrete Blonde, Enya, and Foo Fighters to ease the angst. ;-)

A trip to the Huntington Museum revealed to me the Shield of Achilles. And, then, the 25th anniversary of the release of The Cure's Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me made for a pleasant reminiscence. A mirrored mannequin face and some Los Lobos rounded things out over a busy weekend.

We celebrated Memorial Day. While driving, I saw an image of Alfred E. Neuman up on the side of a building. Finally, when visiting Bergamot Station, a new image of Daphne Blake in her underclothes was on display.

Eleven posts in nearly a month. That's not good, but it'll get better.

Detail of Mad #94 (1965) with Alfred E. Neuman as King Kong.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment