Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dance Party: June

Detail of the cover image for Dirty Vegas' "Days Go By"

It's that time again, amigos!!!

We've got a fun roster of classic and quirky songs to celebrate the month of June, at least in five year increments from 1967 to 2007. ;-)

The night is pressing and I haven't the time to get all prosaic on you all, but, since we've been doing this for over a year now, just imagine that I'm engaging in some rants and raves. It can be a form of Paideia "Mad Libs", going something like:

"I'm not much of a (Noun) for (Band Title) but this piece is (Adjective), showing real change from the (Adjective) style of their early music towards a more (Adjective) sound."

See!!! Music criticism is easy!!! LOL!!!

Cover image from Kim Wilde's "You Keep Me Hangin' On"

Let's listen to some music!!!

Here are the vids:

1967: "Respect" by Aretha Franklin

1972: "I'll Take You There" by the Staple Singers

1977: "I'm Your Boogie Man" by KC and the Sunshine Band

1982: "Hurts So Good" by John Mellencamp

1987: "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by Kim Wilde

1992: "Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure (Live in 2008)

1997: "Fable" by Robert Miles

2002: "Days Go By" by Dirty Vegas

2007: "What I've Done" by Linkin Park


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment