Thursday, March 7, 2013

2013 Weekly Wrap #5

Kukula, Things Dragged Not Said, Corey Helford Gallery, Octopus
Detail of Things Dragged, Not Said by Kukula

To celebrate my two years blogging here at Paideia, I took a few days off. It'll keep me energized and engaged, looking for things fun and new to share with you all. Alternatively, you could say that I've been a bit lazy. Either way works for me. ;-)

So, since our last Wrap, our posts have been primarily related to music and flowers. Well, there's nothing wrong with that, but I like this blog to have more of an eclectic feel, more ingredients in the mixture. I'll work on it. Moreover, I'm going to attempt to increase the posting rate, even if I have to rely on quickie "Photo of the Day" types. Yeah, I've said that before, on many occasions, but THIS time I really MEAN it!!!!!

Or not. We'll see how it goes. . .

Lawrence in front of a bookcase, looking to his left

So, here are our posts from the past few weeks:

We had three Music posts. Two birth dates were celebrated, for Nina Simone and Fats Domino. Then, we finished out the month of February with our Monthly Music Fest, enjoying various musical trends from over the past five decades.

Two posts featured Art. The first was a quickie showcasing an image of Frederick MacMonnies' Diana, part of the Huntington collection. Then, we looked at a few photographs from my gallery-hopping expedition to Culver City and Bergamot Station. Good stuff!!!

Flora was prominent in this cycle, being featured in three posts. We enjoyed a stroll through the prickly trails of a Desert garden. Then, we had two Friday Flowers, with magnolias and echeveria.

Then, we hit Paideia's 2nd Blogiversary, which was celebrated in a subdued but satisfied manner. I promise more fireworks for our 3rd year. ;-P

And our selections were rounded out by celebrating Tootsie Rolls and laughing over some eye-catching "Soup of the Day" signage. It was a fun time.

Anyways, that's how it's been. I'm looking forward to sharing some more exciting images and entertaining stories with you all in the next cycle. So, stick around and see how things turn out!!!

Owl, Licks, Tootsie Pop, Commercial
How many licks does it take. . .

Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment