Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dancing Ganesh

 Dancing Ganesh, the Lord of Obstacles
Bangladesh, Dinajpur District
11th-12th century

Starting off my year-long photography project, I figured it would be auspicious to showcase Ganesh, the Lord of Obstacles. I have two reasons for this. First, it stays to the theme set last time, when I featured a few photos of Shiva Nataraja for the New Year, thereby establishing a Hindu spin to the calendar change. Second, since I'm trying to get this blog back into steady production and high quality, it seems only appropriate to honor a being who legend claims can remove difficulties from my path or, alternatively, set obstacles before me that will help me grow as a thinker and writer.

Moreover, although I did not intend for this to be an “Art” blog, featuring artworks has been an essential part of Paideia since I began, nearly two years ago. So, it seems fitting that the first of 365 photo posts features a lovely work from my local museum. Yeah, we'll see plenty of the normal fare, landscapes and still life, scenes from my daily travels.

But, for today, we have Ganesh. And you can't beat a dancing elephant for an interesting way to start a project. ;-)

Anyways, let's listen to some music.

Ekadantaya Vakratundaya

Jai Ganesh Deva


Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment