Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sixth Weekly Wrap Up


As predicted, my weekend put my blogging on hiatus. But here's my "Weekly Wrap Up" a few days late ;-)

* * *

Another week has passed. This one was pretty good. My production isn't quite what I'd like, but I'm pretty happy with my post quality. There was a healthy diversity in subject matter. There is plenty of room for improvement, but I've finally hit a baseline degree of competence in my posting style.

The things that really please me about this week are the technical changes. First, I used to have only seven topics on the front page, but I altered the settings so as to allow twelve. I think that's a good amount for the front.

Second, I'm utilizing jumps for all my posts. I think that makes for a cleaner look and keeps a megapost from dominating the page. Moreover, I'm putting the vid links after the jump so as to keep to front page smooth.




So, lets get to the posts:





Our week began with Bigger Than Life, a reflection on the charms of the classic actress, Bette Davis, and Kim Carnes' 1981 chart-topping song, Bette Davis Eyes.

Then we took a brief interplanetary trip, Under the Moons of Mars. This post was a consideration of Planetary Romances, inspired by the Kopeikin Gallery's exhibit, "Mars: Adrift on the Hourglass Sea" by Nicholas Kahn and Richard Selesnick.

In Neo-Feminist Road Movie, we considered the 20th anniversary of the release of Thelma & Louise.




Then we had a rare Sports posting in Feel Like Running and Dancing for Joy. Yeah, I'm a tennis enthusiast. BTW, as of this writing Maria Sharapova has made the semi-finals of the French Open. Maybe there will be more Pomeranian ads in our future. Woo hoo!!!

I attended a bonsai show to bring you Mono No Aware. Much fun was had among the little trees.

We celebrated the birth date of the poet Theodore Roethke in Take My Waking Slow.

Another art post, The Body Never Lies reviewed an exhibit of drawings by Robert L. Schultz at the Koplin Del Rio Gallery. Out of a sense of whimsy, we included a vid of Physical by Olivia Newton-John. ;-)




In Birth of Cool, we celebrated the birth date of Miles Davis. Good stuff!!!

Children of the Night was a reflection upon the evolving portrayal of vampires from the Gothic era to the contemporary era. Here at Paideia, we like our vampires to be monsters, but hold no grudge against those who like them as protagonists.

Yet another birthday celebration. In Shadowtime, we enjoyed the music of Siouxsie Sioux and the Banshees. Woo hoo!!!




Then we had our weekly Friday Flowers post, enhanced by the fine poetry of Sylvia Plath.

In Shaken, Not Stirred, we celebrated Ian Fleming's birth date and enjoyed some classic James Bond movie themes. Woo hoo hoo!!!

Finally, we marked the anniversary of the premiere of Stravinsky's ballet, Le Sacre du Printemps. We love ballet.




Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment