Thursday, August 25, 2011

Crept Through His Dreams

Tim Burton's Vincent (1982)
Today is Tim Burton's 53rd Birthday. I have a lot of fondness for his movies. They appeal to my "gothic" sensibility. ;-)

As usual, it is hard for me to settle on a favorite Burton movie. I usually like the one that I have most recently seen best. But the three movies that always make my top five list are: Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Big Fish. I guess these are my favorites by averaging the highest scores.

So, here's a Happy Birthday wish to Tim Burton. May he have many more such celebrations.

Celebrating Tim Burton (Image by Rob Dobi)

Let's look at some photos and vids.

There is currently a retrospective of Tim Burton's work on exhibit at LACMA. It's an interesting show, exhibiting early work from his art school days through is early career at Disney and up to his current projects. The concept art, sketches, and movie props make for a fun and fascinating show. Here are a few photos:


Entry into the Tim Burton exhibit at LACMA


Exit from the Tim Burton exhibit at LACMA

Topiary inspired by Edward Scissorhands

Here's Burton's first movie, the short animation Vincent (1982):




Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment