Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weekly Wrap: Wednesday Night #6

Bon Jovi, Wanted Dead or Alive

Another week, another wrap.

Again, the quickie posts kept a decent post per day rate but we delivered on nine full blog posts. That's pretty good. Sure, it could be better but I'm fairly happy with the situation. Moreover, I finally caught up with a yearly average of one post per day, which I think is awesome considering that I only really started blogging in March.

There is still a lot that I want to improve upon as a blogger. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post a comment. I'm always open to friendly advice. ;-)

So, let's get to the week's posts.


Barbara Eden in I Dream of Jeannie

After a dry spell, I returned to some art blogging. I reviewed the DABS MYLA exhibit at Thinkspace Gallery. The double show of David Stoupakis and Tom Bagshaw at the Corey Helford Gallery was highly praised. And I took a full circle of photos of Ai Weiwei's Circle of Zodiac Heads on display at LACMA. Good stuff!!!

Friday Flowers showcased the gorgeous sunflower. Spooky Sunday commemorated the thirty year anniversary of the release of An American Werewolf in London. Wooooo!!!!!

We celebrated a lot of music this week. We started with twenty-five years of Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet. Then we took note of Count Basie's birth date, followed by John Lee Hooker's. That's quite the diverse playlist. ;-)

And I wrote my first television post in celebration of Barbara Eden and I Dream of Jeannie.

Our miscellaneous posts were a few quick images of the La Brea Tar Pits and a brief reflection on the demoting of Pluto from the planetary ranks. Poor Pluto. . .

That's a nice, weird mix of topics. I hope you enjoyed it. Now, here's our weekly disturbing image, a giant bronze rooster head!!!

Ai Weiwei's Circle of Zodiac Heads (Rooster)

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment