Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stile Floreal

Detail of Poetry (1898) by Alphonse Mucha

On this day in 1860, the Art Nouveau master, Alphonse Mucha, was born. If you've been a frequent reader of this blog, then you know that I admire his works. I'll take any excuse to post one of his images on my blog. And his birth date is the perfect excuse!

So, here are my top three Mucha images. (Caveat: they are my top three right now. I might have another top three tomorrow. LOL!)

Number One, is the image above, Poetry. It's the first Mucha that I remember noticing and appreciating. In college, I would often walk by a reproduction of the image on the hallway wall of my dorm. So, she feels like an old friend.

Number Two is:


Reverie (1897) by Alphonse Mucha

Reverie embodies that daydream quality. The composition is gentle and captivating, like a sweet thoughtful pause on a hectic afternoon. I love her.

Number Three is Dance. I adore the manner in which Mucha creates a sense of motion, with her hair and dress swirling around her luscious form. I think she's the sexiest of the Mucha ladies.


Dance (1898) by Alphonse Mucha

Here's a vid showing an abundance of Mucha's beauties. Good Stuff!!!




Here's Alphonse Mucha's Wikipedia page.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment