Sunday, September 25, 2011

Beauty and Begonias

Begonia: Lomita Lady

Yeah, I went to another flower show at the South Coast Botanic Garden. The starring attraction this time was the beautiful begonia. I was a bit surprised to realize that I have never been to a begonia show. Orchids, roses, tulips, fuchsias, dahlias, magnolias, these are flowers that I've seen showcased on numerous occasions. But somehow begonias fell off of my "to see" list. Well, now I've got that box checked off. ;-)

I'm not a gardener. Most of my botanical knowledge comes from drawing and painting flowers. And it turns out that I've never even sketched a begonia. So this show was a totally new experience for me. It was very interesting.

Begonia: Achimenes "Jennifer Goode"

Here are some more begonias to brighten your day.

Beautiful begonias. . .

Begonia: Buttered Popcorn

Begonia: Sparkle

Begonia: Lana

Begonia: Magic Carpet

Begonia: Aeschynanthus Hildebrandii

Begonia: Gazebo

And we can't do a post on begonias without playing a classic song from the Grateful Dead. ;-)




Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment