Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Flowers: Lotus and Water Lilies

Yellow Lotus among the lily pads at the Water Garden at Suiho-en.

The Old Pond
(By Basho, trans. Fumiko Saisho)

The old pond--
a frog jumps in,
sound of water.


While visiting the Japanese Garden, I took more than a few photos of the gorgeous lilies and lotuses in the flower pond. Heck, I was tempted to grab my sketching supplies and draw some en plein air pieces. But it was infernally hot, so I contented myself with camera work.

Pink waterlily

Thank goodness for sunblock. ;-)

Yeah, I know that I promised you some orchids a while back. I'll get to them eventually. I'm actually thinking of just doing a random flower post sometime to share some of the images that I think you'll enjoy but which I have not yet shared with you all. After all, my fuchsias got knocked off the schedule when I went on vacation in early July.

Lily pads surround the waterlilies.

But today I have lotuses and lilies on my mind.

And koto music! ;-)




Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment