Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Wind and the Tree

Mariah "Spirit of the Wind" by Frank Mando

For the third year, the Manhattan Beach Sculpture Garden is exhibiting new works of art. While visiting the Civic Center, I came across a couple of them.

So, I snapped a few photos to share with you all. ;-)

The Tree Hugger by Steven Rieman

You can't tell from the photo, but The Tree Hugger is a kinetic sculpture, which shifts in the wind. On the day that I took these pictures, it was fairly calm and didn't put on much of a show of motion. Oh well, maybe next time. . .

I think there are five new sculptures in total, but these are the only two that I spotted while passing by. Perhaps the others are yet to be installed. When I find them, I'll certainly snap a photo. :-)

Mariah "Spirit of the Wind" by Frank Mando, a closer view

Here are a couple vids:






Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment