Monday, October 3, 2011

Just a Girl

Gwen Stefani from No Doubt's video for Don't Speak

It's been a busy day, but I can't let it go by without wishing a Happy Birthday to Gwen Stefani, born on this date in 1969. It's nice to celebrate somebody from my generation for a change. ;-)

To be honest, I prefer Gwen Stefani's work with No Doubt more than her solo work. But I like the character and quality of her voice. It's got a weird mix of cutesy, sultry, and campy. She can sound both playful and pouty, sophisticated and awkward.

Gwen Stefani from the cover of Love. Angel. Music. Baby.

I wish I could write more, but time is pressing. And I lacerated up my right hand something fierce last night, making for the some error-filled typing. ;-)

Anyways, Gwen's music can speak for itself.










Enjoy!!!

1 comment: