Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Festive Lanterns Up Above

Lanterns hang over the Hammer Museum courtyard.

When pumpkins begin to peer out of windows and festive lanterns hang over your head, then you know the holiday season has arrived.

In previous posts, I have expressed mixed feelings about holidays. Whatever troubles that I have with Easter, Father's Day, or July 4th goes double for the upcoming celebrations. My glee is not something that can be scheduled in for a particular date. My cheer is not something that can be summoned up for company.

Although I wish a happy Halloween for all, dressing up in costume has never been my thing. And parties can be fun, but sometimes I just wish to be left alone. It really depends upon my mood.

View of the Hammer Museum courtyard from above.

However, I love how the holiday season allows for many fine opportunities to photograph interesting sights. The lanterns at the Hammer made for an interesting setting feature. I hope to drop by some evening to see them all aglow. That'll be pretty cool. ;-)

And another thing about Halloween, the food and drinks, Pumpkin pie or pumpkin beer, they're scrumptious delights. Or candy corn?!! That's some tasty treats!!!

Another view of the lanterns from above.

It's been a while since I've written up a purely personal post. Thanks for putting up with my drama. ;-)

Here are a couple songs from Green Day that vaguely relate to this post. LOL!!!






Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment